Things to consider when organising an event

Fun fair rides

If your event involves fun fair rides or inflatables, you should tell the Council at least three months before the event, as specific documentation is needed.

This documentation includes:

  • Proof of Third-Party Public Liability Insurance Cover to a minimum value of 5 million pounds
  • Independent Safety Certificate for a Passenger Carrying Amusement Device
  • Risk Assessment and method of operation
  • Institute of Electrical Engineers Inspection certificate

The Council must get this documentation no later than 28 days before the event.