Things to consider when organising an event


You need insurance to hold an event. The event organiser must have: 

  • Third Party Public Liability Insurance with a minimum indemnity limit of 5 million pounds
  • Employers Liability Insurance with a minimum indemnity of 10 million pounds (this is still needed even if your event is being delivered by volunteers)

For events on Council land, the Council must get copies of these policies, no less than 28 days before the event.

If your organisation belongs to a larger governing body, then you may be able to get preferential cover through them.

If any sub-contractors or food concessions will be on site, you should also get copies of their Third-Party Public Liability Insurance and Employers Liability Insurance.