Set up an established volunteer group
Volunteering is a great way to:
- Meet new people
- Improve your fitness levels
- Develop new skills
- Be part of a team
- Support your wider community
We encourage volunteers to work with the Council to help us continue to improve the Borough's open spaces.
There are a number of volunteer groups already operating in South Tyneside. To find out about local groups in your area please contact the Community Engagement Officer.
If there isn't an established volunteer group in your area, you may wish to create a new group.
To become an established group you will need to apply to set up a new volunteer group.
Benefits of being an established group
Becoming an established group and working in partnership with South Tyneside Council brings many benefits, including:
- Allowing groups to carry out work and operate on Council land
- A one-off £2,000 grant from the Council to help with set-up and administration
- Support in writing bids for external funding
- Support in applying for Community Area Forum (CAF) funding
- Health and safety advice including risk assessments and method statements
- Support from the Green Space Forum
- Advice and support on operational issues
- The opportunity to occupy Council owned premises through licence or lease arrangements