Council expenditure pre April 2012
- Data format
- Terms used in the reports
- Re-use of the data
- Publication of future reports
- Contact details
- Reports on council spending over £500
As part of the Transparency Agenda, South Tyneside Council is committed to publishing its spending on goods and services over £500.
Our spending is detailed in monthly reports from April 2010.
Some items of expenditure are excluded from the reports, including:
- Payments of less than £500
- Banking / pension investments
- Salary payments
- Pension contributions
- Severance payments
- Settlements where confidentiality clauses exist
- Information that would prejudice our commercial interests. This information has been replaced with the phrase "redacted commercial information"
- Promises to pay but not yet realised
- Transactions relating to the underwriting of debt
- Payments relating to benefits, homelessness and fostering, for example carer benefit payments
- Payments that relate to children or vulnerable people
- Information that relates to personal individuals, this has been replaced by the phrase "redacted personal data"
This is not an exhaustive list.
When considering spending disclosures, the Council is expected to follow the key principles of the:
The format of the reports has been published in accordance with the Local Spending Data Guidance.
The report is published in two formats:
- PDF (which is easy to read)
- CSV (which provides greater flexibility and allows the data to be downloaded and analysed into applications such as Microsoft Excel)
Terms used in the reports
- Name of organisation:
This is South Tyneside Council.
- Body ID:
Unique identifier for local authority area.
- Service detail:
The part of the Council responsible for the expenditure.
- Spend description:
This is what the spend relates to, for example, expenditure on repairs and maintenance of a building.
The date the payment was processed.
The amount that represents the total spend per transaction, excluding recoverable VAT.
- Supplier name:
The name of the supplier recorded on our systems.
- Transaction reference:
This is the unique reference number generated in our procurement system. It is this reference that needs to be quoted when making enquires.
Re-use of the data
The data provided in these reports is freely useable but must be done in accordance with our copyright and reuse license terms.
Publication of future reports
We aim to publish all expenditure reports by the 21st working day of each month.
If you would like to know more about our expenditure reports or the suppliers we conduct our business with then please contact us:
South Tyneside Council
Town Hall & Civic Offices
Tyne & Wear
Phone: 0191 424 6538 / 6539
We aim to respond to all requests within 20 working days where possible.
Please note that whilst we do aim to be transparent and accountable in our spending, there will be occasions where the information we hold simply can not be released because it is regarded as personal data or commercially sensitive information.
Reports on council spending over £500
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011