Self-build and custom housebuilding
There are a number of different ways to build your home:
- self-build one-off home
- contractor built one-off home
- kit home
- independent community collaboration
- supported community self-build group
- developer built one-off home
- developer led group project
The national Self Build Portal contains useful information on these options.
If you would like to be notified when any potential land or building plots become available, please add your details to our Self-Build and Custom Housebuilding Register.
There are a number of potential sources where you can find out what housing development opportunities there are in South Tyneside:
- view housing development site allocations in our adopted Local Plan and any Neighbourhood Plans;
- find potentially suitable housing development site opportunities identified in our ;
- view all Council land and property for sale;
- see our Council-led Regeneration Projects.
You can also find self-build and custom housebuilding opportunities by searching independent plot finder websites - view the national Self Build Portal.