East Boldon neighbourhood planning
- A Neighbourhood Plan for East Boldon
- About the East Boldon Neighbourhood Forum
- Re-designation of the East Boldon Neighbourhood Forum
- Further information
The East Boldon neighbourhood area and the East Boldon Neighbourhood Forum were formally designated in January 2018 for the purposes of the local community carrying out neighbourhood planning activities in the East Boldon area of South Tyneside.
East Boldon Neighbourhood Forum's designation to carry out these activities expired in January 2023. They applied to be re-designated and the application was approved following public consultation.
The East Boldon Neighbourhood Forum developed the Neighbourhood Plan for East Boldon (2021 to 2036).
It was formally accepted at South Tyneside Council's Cabinet in December 2021 and will now form part of our legal Development Plan for South Tyneside.
This means that the East Boldon Neighbourhood Plan will be used to help decide planning applications in the designated East Boldon neighbourhood area.
The East Boldon Neighbourhood Forum was formally designated in January 2018.
The forum's key objectives are to:
- prepare a neighbourhood plan for the East Boldon neighbourhood area
- promote and improve the social, economic and environmental well-being of the East Boldon neighbourhood area
- to represent the majority view of the local population of the East Boldon neighbourhood area
- to see those views incorporated into the neighbourhood plan to guide development in the area
- to support development which:
- responds to the needs and wishes of the local community
- enhances and respects the character of the village
- is sensitive to the environment and its impact on nature
- is sustainable, taking into account existing infrastructure and is sensitive to the pace of development on the village
The forum's designation lasts for five years and expired in January 2023.
They applied to South Tyneside Council, as the local planning authority, to formally renew their designation.
To qualify, they must:
- have a written constitution that describes the basic framework of the organisation
- have a minimum of 21 members
- demonstrate that they are representative of the community of East Boldon
As part of the application process they submitted the following documents for consideration:
The neighbourhood area boundary remains identical to the original boundary that was designated in January 2018 so will not change. The map above is provided for information only.
Following public consultation their application for re-designation was approved by the Council.
Renewal allows the forum to continue carrying out neighbourhood planning matters in East Boldon until January 2028.
No other organisation or body may be designated for the neighbourhood area until the designation expires or is withdrawn.
For more information please contact the Spatial Planning team on 0191 424 7594 or email email@example.com.
The East Boldon Neighbourhood Forum can be contacted via their website at at www.eastboldonforum.org.uk.