Building control applications and requests


For various types of building work you will need permission from the council for safety reasons.

Similarly, if you wish to demolish a building or part of a building, you are required to tell the Council in writing, giving at least six weeks notice.

All physical applications should be sent to:

Building Control South Tyneside
Council Town Hall & Civic Offices,
Westoe Road,
South Shields,
Tyne & Wear,
NE33 2RL