Selling to the Council
We aim to help suppliers wanting to:
- supply South Tyneside Council with goods or services
- carry out works on our behalf
We encourage competition and welcome bids from new and established suppliers, especially from:
- local small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs)
- third sector organisations
- social enterprises
For more information on what procurement is, see Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply: What is procurement?
Benefits of working with the Council
As a business partner, the Council is:
- a well established organisation
- prompt to pay, and has an early payment programme called the 'Supplier Incentive Programme'
North East Procurement Organisation (NEPO)
The 12 Councils in the North East form the North East Procurement Organisation (NEPO).
This is used to work together and share procurement best value including the delivery of certain goods, services and work from third party suppliers.
Find out more about NEPO.