Ways to have your say
- Children and young people
- Councillors, MPs and Council Meetings
- Housing (South Tyneside Homes)
- Voluntary and community groups
Children and young people
- South Tyneside's Young People's Parliament (STYPP)
If you're 13 to 19, make sure your voice is heard and help to influence decisions that affect you.
Councillors, MPs and Council Meetings
Councillors have a duty to represent you, to listen to your views, and to take up your queries and problems with the Council.
Councillors have a duty to represent you and take up your queries and problems with the council.
MPs deal with central government policies and represent their constituents in the House of Commons.
- Council meetings
Local councillors, council officers and local organisations meet with members of the public at Community Area Forums. Community Area Forums take place to share information, discuss issues of local interest and to provide support. Anyone can attend Community Area Forums (CAFs).
- South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust
Become a member of the Trust to be consulted about proposed changes
Phone: 0191 202 4007 or visit South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust
- Adult Social Care at South Tyneside Council
Help us to develop and improve services
Phone: 0845 130 4959
Housing (South Tyneside Homes)
You can get involved with:
- Estate inspections
- Annual Tenants' Conference
- South Tyneside Homes Board
- Tenants' or Residents' Associations
For more information, visit South Tyneside Homes
Have your say on planning applications.
Regeneration of South Tyneside is ongoing, find out how you can have your say.
- Police and Communities Together meetings
Discuss community issues with police officers and other agencies
Phone: 03456 043 043 ext 69191 or visit Northumbria Police
- Northumbria Police citizens' panel
Have your say on the services the police provide
Phone: 0191 433 2091 or visit Northumbria Police Citizen's Panel
- Community Crime Fighters programme
Help fight crime by getting involved in your local community
Phone: 0191 424 7938
- Tyne & Wear Fire and Rescue Service
Have your say through focus groups and surveys
Phone: 0191 444 1336 or visit Tyne and Wear Fire & Rescue Service
- Neighbourhood Watch/Report a crime
Help to make your community safer
Phone: 03456 043 043 ext 65933 or visit Northumbria Police
- Neighbourhood policing teams
Discuss issues important to you with your Neighbourhood Policing Team
Visit: Northumbria Policing Pledge
- School governors
Become a school governor to help make sure pupils get a good education.
Voluntary and community groups
- South Tyneside Council for Voluntary Service (STCVS)
Free advice, training and support to help you volunteer
Visit South Tyneside Council for Voluntary Service
- Local community associations
Phone the South Tyneside Federation of Community Associations (FOCAST) on 0191 519 6700.
- Speak and Be Heard meetings
Help with local decision making and improving services
Phone: 0191 456 9551 or email email@example.com