- Important information before you visit
- Which days you can visit
- Which vehicles can visit
- Types of waste you can bring
- Opening times
- Getting here
- Businesses and tradespeople
The Groundwork shop, based at the Recycling Village, sells recycled and donated furniture and household goods.
How it works
We take in a variety of donated goods, safety check and clean them before putting them on sale.
The profit from sales is donated to local environmental regeneration charity, Groundwork South Tyneside and Newcastle, to fund community projects around South Tyneside.
The shop is a unique way for you to support social and environmental enterprise in South Tyneside.
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (closed for lunch around 12 noon)
- Saturday, 10am to 4pm
These prices are a guide. Actual prices and availability may vary.
- Washing machine, £100 to £150
- Television, £10 to £80
- DVD, £5 to £12
- VHS, £5
- Wardrobe, £10 to £25
- Dining table, £10 to £50
- Dining chairs, £8 to £10 set (4 chairs)
- Coffee table, £5 to £10
- TV stand, £4 to £25
- Bike, £10 to £30
- Settee, £30 to £110
- Armchair, £10 to £25
- Compost (bag), £6
- Computer table, £5 to £10
- LCD monitor, £10 to £30
- Hi Fi, £7 to £15
- Tumble dryer, £60 to £120
- Cabinet, £8 to £20
- Exercise equipment, £5 to £30
For information about our current stock, call the Groundwork shop on 0191 455 5517.
For more about Groundwork South Tyneside and Newcastle projects, contact The Eco Centre, Windmill Way, Hebburn, Tyne and Wear, NE31 1SR, or call 0191 428 1144.