Recycling Village (tip)
Book a slot
From Monday 20 March until Friday 24 March the last slots at the Recycling Village will be at 4pm. This is to allow for essential site maintenance to be carried out. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Recycling Village early closure
From Monday 20 March until Friday 24 March the last slots at the Recycling Village will be at 4pm. This is to allow for essential site maintenance to be carried out.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Visits to the Recycling Village have changed.
You need to book a slot to visit the Recycling Village (tip).
There is no charge for booking a slot.
Book a slot
Book a visit to the Recycling Village (tip)
If your vehicle needs a permit you will need to apply for a new permit before you can book a date and time to visit.
If you are visiting in a car
If you are visiting in a car, you will be able to book up to 4 visits per calendar month.
You can use more than 1 slot on the same day if you want to.
Your allowance will be based on your address and vehicle registration number:
- you cannot book more than 4 slots per calendar month for your address, even if you have more than one car
- if you have used all of your allowance for the month, you cannot book a slot for the same vehicle using a different address
- if you use your vehicle on behalf of someone else, this will count against your allowance
Your allowance will not roll forward if you don't use all of your available slots for the month.
Checking how many slots you have left
If you provide an email address, you will get a confirmation email every time you book, which will include your booking reference number and the number of slots you have used.
If you book online, you will also be reminded of how many slots you have used when you book.
If your vehicle needs a permit
The permit system has changed.
You will need to:
- apply for a new permit
- use your new permit to book slots to visit the Recycling Village
If you are visiting in a hire car
If you are visiting in a hire car, you will need to show a copy of your hire agreement when you visit.
If you need to change or cancel your booking
See how to cancel a slot.
When you visit
- Please have your booking reference number handy
- If you are visiting in a hire vehicle, you must bring a copy of the hire agreement when you visit
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your slot start time:
- If you arrive too early, you will need to wait until the time you have booked to enter
- If you turn up too late, you will not be allowed to enter
- If you have booked and you can no longer visit in the vehicle you booked with (for example, if your car won't start), you will be able to use another car from your household. Please let the staff at the Recycling Village know when you visit.
If you don't attend
If you book a slot and don't attend, your booking will still be counted against your allowance.
You may be temporarily restricted from accessing the site if you regularly book slots and do not attend.