School workforce development programme
The aim of the School Workforce Development programme is to provide training to address specific Teachers Standards alongside offering sessions to support the Early Career Framework.
It seeks to secure the development of our education workforce who support South Tyneside's schools and settings.
Who it is for
The framework of standards defines the characteristics of teachers and support staff at each career stage. These standards support staff in identifying their professional needs.
The programme is designed to meet specific needs:
- Leadership programme- this is aimed at head Teachers, deputies and assistant heads to support their demanding roles and professional development
- Stepping into leadership/ succession planning - this is aimed at aspiring leaders regardless of their length of service or position in school.
- Developing classroom practice - this is for all teachers regardless of their length of service or position in school. It is aimed to develop classroom practice in line with the Teachers' Standards and support the Performance Management Process.
In addition there are session to support schools to deliver an Induction programme for Early Career Teachers, based on the Early Career Framework.
All staff should have a professional responsibility to be engaged in effective, sustained and relevant professional development through their careers.
The expectation is that the entitlement to effective, sustained and relevant professional development for all staff will be met through this 'offer' and training available.
Continuous Professional Development for School Staff in South Tyneside is facilitated by the School Workforce Development Team based at South Tyneside Council, Town Hall & Civic Offices, Westoe Road, South Shields, Tyne & Wear NE33 2RL.
Lynn Freer - Operations Manager - School Workforce Development
A council officer with over 30 years of experience in education.
As a holder of the original 'Golden Sock' awards for Customer Service, she remains focused on the logistical delivery and financial management of the School Workforce Development Programme.
Lynn can be contacted on 0191 426 8103 or email: email@example.com
Julie Rose - Support Officer - School Workforce Development
The corner stone of any successful training programme is the support staff. Julie is a highly effective administrator within the area of training management, she ensures the programme is successfully produced, advertised and evaluated in a format accessible to all.
Her professional and efficient approach ensures the programme remains effective, sustained and relevant.
Julie can be contacted on 0191 426 8105 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The brokerage service is available to arrange, appraise and negotiate with partnerships or services.
The service can work with schools, settings on specific priorities to broker:
- network or group training
- access to specific training facilitators
- knowledge exchange
- venues / speakers / registration / administration / evaluation
Please contact the School Workforce Development Team for further details on 0191 426 8105