Consent for works on watercourses


You will need permission from South Tyneside Council to carry out works on:

  • rivers
  • streams
  • ditches
  • drains
  • cuts
  • culverts
  • dikes
  • sluices
  • sewers (other than public sewers) 
  • and passages through which water flows

For permission for works on main rivers, please contact the Environment Agency.

If you are not sure who to contact, please contact us on 0191 427 7000.