Dog control, dog fouling and penalties

How to make an appeal

There is no formal appeals procedure against the issue of a Fixed Penalty Notice.

If you would like to appeal a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) that has been issued to you, then please contact the Environmental Health team to put forward any mitigating circumstances that you would like to have considered.

You can do this by telephoning South Tyneside Council's Contact Centre on 0191 427 7000 or by emailing the Environmental Health team on