- Important information before you visit
- Which days you can visit
- Which vehicles can visit
- Types of waste you can bring
- Opening times
- Getting here
- Businesses and tradespeople
From Monday 12 April 2021, the Recycling Village is open from 9am to 6pm.
Vans can visit with a permit between 9.30am to 11am. Last entry for cars is 5.50pm.
If you're hiring a vehicle for the day, speak to the hire company beforehand to make sure that the last number of the vehicle registration is the correct number for the day that you want to visit.
If you're visiting with a hire van, you must provide a copy of your hire agreement on entry. This will be used to certify your waste permit. If you don't have the hire agreement, you will be refused entry.
Important information before you visit
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, there are restrictions in place at the Recycling Village.
Things to check before you visit
If you do visit
- only one person per vehicle (or two from the same household if you have heavy items)
- you must live in South Tyneside - please provide proof of your postcode if asked
- wash your hands before and after visiting, and avoid touching your face
- you must be in a vehicle - pedestrians cannot carry waste into the Recycling Village
- the Recycling Village is for personal use only, not commercial waste
- do not queue onto Boldon Lane - for safety reasons including access for emergency vehicles
- do not arrive before we are open
- signs are in place to show waiting times - if the waiting time goes past 6pm, please come back another day
Changes at the Recycling Village
- social distancing at 2 metres is strictly enforced
- staff cannot help you to unload your vehicle
- traffic management is in place at the site
- the site needs regular cleaning and may need to temporarily close for this
- the shop is open
- vans can visit between 9.30am to 11am with a permit
- the maximum number of vehicles allowed in the Recycling Village is 8
If anyone you live with has had COVID-19 symptoms
- leave waste for 72 hours before bringing to site
- double bag all waste
- anyone who is isolating, or who has COVID-19 symptoms must not visit under any circumstances
Next page: Which days you can visit