Apply to be a school governor
School Governors provide strategic leadership and accountability in schools.
Governors appoint the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher.
In some schools the site is owned by the governing board.
It is Governors who hold the main responsibility for finance in schools, and it is Governors who work with the Headteacher to make the tough decisions about balancing resources.
The role of the governing board is a strategic one, its key functions are to:
- set the aims and objectives for the school
- set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- be a source of challenge and support to the Headteacher (a critical friend)
The Headteacher is responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of the school and the implementation of the strategic framework established by the governing board.
Using our Governor Support Service
Please get in touch to find out more about how we can support your governing board.
Call us on 0191 424 7725 or email email@example.com.