Community Safety Partnership
Our Community Safety Partnership is called 'Safer South Tyneside'.
It is made up of representatives from the following agencies:
- South Tyneside Council
- Northumbria Police
- Tyne & Wear Fire and Rescue Service
- South Tyneside Homes
- National Probation Service (Northumbria)
- South Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group
- South Tyneside Foundation Trust
- Northumbria Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner
- South Tyneside College
"South Tyneside will be a place where people feel safe because crime and ASB is the exception rather than the rule.
It will also be a place where everyone can feel involved and included in a way that suits them, where people understand and respect each other, and communities are actively engaged in decisions that affect them."
The partnership is responsible for publishing a plan which sets out the strategic approach to tackle crime and disorder in South Tyneside.
Priorities for 2021-24
- Reducing crime
- Addressing domestic and sexual abuse
- Putting victims first
- Dealing with anti-social behaviour
- Delivering community confidence
The Community Safety Partnership is also responsible for carrying out Domestic Homicide Reviews.
For more information, contact the Safer Communities on 0191 424 7931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.