Community Safety Partnership
Our Community Safety Partnership is called 'Safer South Tyneside'.
It is made up of representatives from the following agencies:
- South Tyneside Council
- Northumbria Police
- Tyne & Wear Fire and Rescue Service
- South Tyneside Homes
- National Probation Service (Northumbria)
- South Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group
- South Tyneside Foundation Trust
- Northumbria Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner
- South Tyneside College
"South Tyneside will be a place where people feel safe because crime and ASB is the exception rather than the rule.
It will also be a place where everyone can feel involved and included in a way that suits them, where people understand and respect each other, and communities are actively engaged in decisions that affect them."
Community Safety Partnership Plan
The partnership is responsible for publishing a plan which sets out the strategic approach to tackle crime and disorder in South Tyneside.
Making Communities Safer - South Tyneside's Community Safety Partnership Plan 2021-24
Priorities for 2021-24
- Reducing crime
- Addressing domestic and sexual abuse
- Putting victims first
- Dealing with anti-social behaviour
- Delivering community confidence
Domestic homicide reviews
The Community Safety Partnership is also responsible for carrying out Domestic Homicide Reviews.
See Domestic Homicide Reviews.
For more information, contact the Safer Communities on 0191 424 7931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.