Adult Social Care explained
What Adult Social Care is
Adult Social Care supports people (and their carers) to stay independent and well so they can live the life they want.
What we do
We aim to help people stay independent by:
- looking at what people can do rather than what they can't do
- having conversations with people, rather than focusing on assessment questions from a script
- understanding what is most important to the person, their concerns, what they have already tried and what might be the best next steps
- working with people as experts in their own lives, listening carefully to 'what matters' to them rather than 'what's the matter' with them
- being creative and helping people to build upon their strengths
To find out more about what Adult Social Care offers see, support for adults.