Unlock your imagination and discover the wonderful world of books on your doorstep.
Books are great when enjoyed on your own, or as part of a group. If you like to talk about what you have read, then one of our reading groups could be for you. It's a great way to develop your skills, improve your knowledge and meet new people at the same time.
The purpose of a reading group is to give people confidence to develop their own reading and to empower them to choose what they want across a wider range.
Common assumptions, which may put people off from joining a reading group, are:
- They are going to make me study books when all I want to do is read them
- It will be like being back at school
- You will be expected to publicly analyse a book
- You can't sit quietly at the back and listen to others
- You have to read the Times Literary Supplement
- You have to have read everything by Charles Dickens
Once you join a library based reading group you will see that our groups are fun and not like this at all. We meet once a month and our discussions are lively and enjoyable.
If you want to find out more please contact Pauline Martin on 0191 424 7805.