Terms and conditions - Pay as You Go and Get Active discount card holders
- General principles
- Pay as you go
- Get Active discount cards
- Booking a fitness class or activity
- Cancelling a fitness class or activity
- Late entry
- Changes to hours of business or timetables
- Change of details / circumstances
- Entire agreement, inconsistency and changes to terms and conditions
- Law and jurisdiction
If you would like to use our leisure facilities, you must agree to abide by the following terms and conditions.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are kept up to date with any changes made to the terms and conditions; any subsequent changes will be posted on our website.
- Before using any leisure facility, you should be satisfied that you are fit and able to do so. If you have any medical complaint or condition that may affect your ability to exercise, you should refrain from doing so.
- If you suffer from any medical condition or complaint which may impact upon your ability to fully participate in exercise and despite this you chose to do so, it is your responsibility to inform a member of leisure staff or fitness instructor of your medical condition or complaint.
- If you are using our gym facilities and you are aged 14 - 17, you must undergo an induction programme.
- As a user of our leisure facilities your health and wellbeing are of paramount importance to us. In view of this, we may offer you advice and guidance on health and wellbeing related issues.
Pay as you go
As a non-member you can use our leisure facilities on a pay as you go basis.
Get Active discount cards
- Get Active discount cards give you discounted rates on activities.
- There are two discount cards available, further information on Get Active discount cards can be found on Memberships: Get Active discount cards.
- Get Active discount cards are free for Juniors (children under the age of 18).
- Get Active discount cards are valid for one year from date of purchase/issue.
- Get Active discount cards must be shown at reception at all times. Failure to show your card will result in the full non-member price being charged.
- Juniors must produce their own Get Active discount cards to qualify for reduced prices.
- In the event of loss or destruction of a Get Active discount cards, a replacement will be issued at the cost of £1.00.
- Your Get Active discount cards excludes private classes or lessons which may incur an additional charge.
- You must agree to have your photograph taken before being issued a Get Active discount cards.
- Get Active discount cards are non-transferable.
- We reserve the right to refuse any Get Active discount cards application or renewal and to withdraw a Get Active discount cards, without refund, when the card is used by anyone else except the registered user.
Booking a fitness class or activity
- If you are using the leisure facilities on a pay as you go basis, you must book and pay for the fitness class or activity on the day you wish to attend.
- Payment should be made before the class or activity starts, please arrive early, and allow sufficient time to pay at reception.
- Get Active Discount Card holders can book classes and activities up to 7 days in advance. All classes can be booked from 7am*, regardless of the start time.
- Bookings can be made online using the booking app, by telephone or at any leisure facility reception. You cannot book a place on behalf of another person.
- When making your booking, please have your Get Active Discount Card number to hand as this will be required to secure your place.
- You cannot reserve back-to-back bookings of the same discipline in advance. We strongly advise against doing two classes in a row, however if spaces are available, you can register immediately prior to the session, but this is at your own risk.
- Please note you must be aged 14 or over to attend one of our classes or activities. If you are under the age of 16, you must be accompanied by an adult.
*Please note individual opening times of leisure facilities vary, please consider this when attempting to book a place on a class.
Cancelling a fitness class or activity
- Get Active Discount Card holders can cancel a class booking or activity and receive a refund, using the booking app, online or by contacting one of our leisure facilities, any time up to three hours before the class or activity starts.
- If, as a Get Active Discount Card holder, you do not cancel your class or activity and fail to attend or attempt to cancel within the three-hour notice period, you will not receive a refund and shall accrue a "default" on your account. Three or more "defaults" on your account in a calendar month will result in you losing your advance booking rights. You will be placed on a "suspension list" for 14 days and will only be able to attend a class or activity during this period if there are spaces available on the day.
- The recording of your attendance is your responsibility and not the instructor.
- Please ensure that your attendance is recorded, otherwise it could result in you accruing a "default" on your account.
- Please try to allow yourself plenty of time to register/pay so that classes and activities can start on time.
- Regarding classes, the warmup is important therefore entry can be refused once the class has started.
Changes to hours of business or timetables
- We reserve the right to suspend a class or activity, make changes to timetables and to hours of business and, in exceptional circumstances, close a facility with or without prior notice.
- Where this occurs, we shall endeavour to give you advance notice and to minimise disruption and inconvenience.
- Lockers are provided for the safekeeping of personal property. Personal property is left in lockers at your own risk. We are not responsible for any loss or damage to personal property incurred, unless caused by our negligence. In the event of loss or damage to your personal property, please inform a member of staff.
- We can remove the contents from any locker used overnight which has not been paid for. You can claim the contents from the facility reception for up to six weeks after removal. After this time, it will be treated as lost property.
- We request that during busy periods, time spent on gym equipment is limited to 20 minutes per station, otherwise you may be asked to move on by a member of leisure staff.
- You agree to abide by our guidelines for use:
- Appropriate clothing and footwear should be worn when using the leisure facilities.
- You are required to behave in a manner that is considerate to the needs of other users.
- You must use the leisure facilities and equipment in the proper manner and consult a member of staff if unsure.
- In using the leisure facilities, you agree not to verbally or physically abuse leisure staff, or to damage or intentionally misuse the leisure facilities or equipment provided.
We accept no responsibility for the loss of, or damage to property, or injury, illness or death on in any of our facilities unless caused by our negligence.
Change of details / circumstances
- We must be notified of any change in your personal details for example, name, address, and bank account.
- Where there has been a change to your personal details or circumstances you should contact us, either in person or in writing at the Systems Administrator, Haven Point, Pier Parade, South Shields, NE33 2JS or update your personal information using the online services website: STC Leisure Online Services: Login
Get Active Discount Cards
- The fee paid for a Get Active Discount Card is non-refundable.
Suspending your Get Active Discount Card
- We will consider a request to suspend a Get Active Discount Card if you are pregnant or suffering from an illness or injury that means you may be temporarily unable to use the leisure facilities.
- You are required to submit appropriate evidence in support of your request. We will extend the end date to reflect the agreed period of suspension.
- Suspension of Get Active Discount Card requests should be sent via email to email@example.com or, if by letter, either hand delivered or sent (we recommend by recorded delivery) to; Haven Point Pier Parade South Shields Tyne and Wear NE33 2JS.
For details on how we use the personal information you provide - please see our privacy notice.
Entire agreement, inconsistency and changes to terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions, together with the terms and conditions set out in any direct debit agreement you may enter into with us, constitutes the entire agreement between us for use of our leisure facilities.
- Where there is a conflict or inconsistency between these terms and conditions and that of any direct debit agreement or any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials, these terms and conditions shall take precedence.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable changes to these terms and conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to check for updates, the latest version can be found on these pages.
- These terms and conditions are a contract between you and us. No other person shall have any right to enforce any of the terms.
Law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- If any of these terms and conditions is determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the law of any state or country in which these terms and conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent to which that term or condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from that clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.