Riverside Family Hub
Family Hub Manager: Helen Mitchell
Ofsted report: Riverside Family Hub Ofsted report
Opening times: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm
Free early education places: Yes
Nursery Contact: Andrea King
Phone: 0191 423 4971
Ofsted report: STANLEY's Nursery at Riverside Ofsted report
Apply for a free early education place - STANLEY's at Riverside Family Hub
STANLEY's at Riverside offers free early education places for your child following their 2nd birthday.
To apply for a place and for details of the nursery's admissions process, please contact STANLEY's at Riverside on 0191 423 4971.
Find out more about STANLEY's daycare at Riverside Family Hub.
See a full list of activities at all our family hubs.
- Learning with Play (0 to 4 years): A group for families with children under 5 years. Promotes quality time and learning through play as well as information, advice and guidance.
- Baby Explorers (conception to mobile): A group for babies focusing on bonding and attachment, communication, health and wellbeing, safety, development milestones and learning through play.
- Little Explorers (mobile to walkers): A toddler group focusing on communication, health and wellbeing, safety, development milestones and learning through play.
- Language Explorers (0 to 2 years): A group to support your child's communication and language through play.
- Henry (antenatal, 0 to 5 years, 4 to 12 years): Provides tips and support for parents and carers. Explore how to provide a happy, health, supportive environment for the whole family. As part of the programme there's also 5 workshops you can join:
- Starting solids: This workshop will explore the taste journey children will have when they start having solid food.
- Looking after yourself: A workshop which will explore maintaining positive relationships as a family. It will also provide you with toolkits to help reduce anxiety and staying calm.
- Understanding behaviour: You will share experiences with a small group of other parents and carers, find new ways of reducing stress, and gain new ideas to help you manage daily family life.
- Eat well for less: You will gain great tips in this workshop which will help you keep to a budget and get the whole family eating more healthily.
- Healthy teeth: A workshop to help you get ideas to support teeth brushing and get ideas for healthy food swaps. You will be able to share experiences of looking after children's teeth that will help prevent tooth decay.
- Solihull (first 5 years, school years 5 to 18 years): A programme based on the Solihull approach. Supports parents and carers to understand their child's behaviour in the context of their development and child-parent relationship.
- Reducing Parental Conflict: We offer a range of programmes to support parents and carers who may be experiencing conflict such as:
- You, me and baby too
- Getting it right for children
- Arguing better
- Parenting when separated
- Incredible Years (conception to 6 years): A programme focusing on children's learning, development and behaviour. A chance to meet other parents and discuss positive parenting.
- Triple P (6 to 19 years): A programme giving parents and carers simple and practical strategies to help them build strong healthy relationships and confidently manage their children's behaviour.
Other sessions available
Baby Massage: Learn different massage strokes, strengthen your bond with your baby and meet other parents. For babies aged 0 to 1 year old.
First Aid Sessions with St John's Ambulance: A free one and a half hour paediatric first aid session which highlights how to respond in the first instance when first aid is required. The focus is children under 1 year old. The session covers subjects such as choking baby, bleeding, convulsions, resuscitation of a baby, burns, recovery positions etc.
Kalma Baby / Toddler Yoga / Kalma Mama Sessions: We are working in partnership with Kalma Baby South Tyneside to bring you a course of Kalma Yoga sessions. Classes involve yoga-inspired stretches with your little one to promote healthy and deeper sleep patterns, suppleness in joints and muscles, co-ordination and gross motor skills. Kalma Mamas pre and post natal yoga classes are relaxation sessions, incorporating stretching and breathing to help combat pregnancy and post natal ailments. Booking is essential. Please contact Vicky on 07903 931 250 or online at Kalma Baby.
Please call the centre on 0191 423 4971 for further details, dates and to book your place on an activity.