NHS Health Check
An NHS Health Check is a health check for your heart, aimed at adults in England aged 40 to 74.
It can help detect potential problems before they do real damage.
The Health Check will:
- check circulatory and vascular health
- identify the risk of people developing cardiovascular disease over the next ten years
- advise on lifestyle changes to help prevent this
Everyone is at risk of developing heart disease, stroke, diabetes, kidney disease and some forms of dementia.
The good news is that these conditions can often be prevented.
Your NHS Health Check will assess your risk of developing these health problems and give you personalized advice on how to reduce it.
The Health Check is free of charge, including any follow-up tests or appointments.
Every year, NHS Health Checks are expected to help:
- save 650 lives
- prevent 1,600 heart attacks and strokes
- prevent 4,000 people from developing diabetes
- detect at least 20,000 cases of diabetes or kidney disease earlier
Avoid being a statistic; make an appointment for an NHS Health Check.