Homelessness and sleeping rough
If you are homeless or feel you are threatened with homelessness, rough sleeping, fleeing domestic abuse or going through a relationship breakdown please contact South Tyneside Homes:
- 0800 141 2645 (freephone) - Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm, and Friday 9am to 4.30pm
- 0191 456 2093 - out of office hours
We will give free advice and assistance to all eligible households that are homeless, or at risk of homelessness regardless of priority need.
For more information, visit:
South Tyneside Homes: Homelessness
If you see someone sleeping rough, please report this to either:
- South Tyneside Homes
- Rough Sleeping Service (provided by Changing Lives) on 07855 229 518 or 07812 663 544
For a list of local services that can help, see:
Duty to refer - for public authorities
The 'duty to refer' requires specified public authorities to identify and refer a service user who is homeless or may be threatened with homelessness, to a local housing authority of the service user's choice.
For more information including a list of the public authorities affected, visit GOV.UK: A guide to the duty to refer.
If you are a public authority looking to make a referral, either:
- complete a referral online - North East Duty to Refer
- complete the duty to refer referral form and email to email@example.com
- contact the Housing Solutions team on 0300 123 6633