Age Concern Tyneside South (ACTS)
Offers information and advice on health, social care, housing and adaptations.
Age Concern Tyneside South (ACTS) provides a wide range of services to support older / elderly people to make the most out of later life.
- Information and advice
- Benefits Advice
- Blue Badge Applications
- Debt Advice
- Energy Advice
- Housing Advice
- Probate Advice
- Assistance to fill in forms
- Home support (Shopping, cleaning, company or a trip out - all at a fair price from trusted staff)
- Home from hospital (Emotional and practical support upon leaving hospital to help people to regain independence and build resilience)
- Handy service (Practical advice and solutions to reduce falls in the home, as well as fitting aids and adaptations to support independent living and carrying our home assessments for energy issues)
- Community Connections (Social connection of every sort such as coffee or lunch with others, Peer Support from a person who's gone through what you're facing, hobby groups, keeping physically fit and well or special events)
- Dementia Day Service
- Activities and groups at Age Concern Tyneside South - ACTS put on many local groups and activities
If a person with dementia needs support or their family member needs a break from their caring role, a social worker can refer the person to Age Concern dementia services.
Staff in Age Concern will speak to the person and will agree if they could be supported to be active in their community or if they have a greater need, whether going to the day care service at Haven Court would be better for them.
The service is available to residents of South Tyneside over 50 years old.
If you wish to access the Age Concern South Tyneside (ACTS) day services you must have had a conversation with a social worker. For more information see, Get in touch with Adult Social Care.
For other support please contact the company directly to arrange an appointment.
Appointments can be arranged face to face or via telephone or video call.
Face to face appointments can be arranged at ACTS Offices or in your own home.