Thurston Outdoor Education Centre: Problem solving policy
Revised: January 2022
Problem solving is usually centre based and involves the use of a variety of equipment to solve mental and physical challenges.
Usually Centre based but can include any area deemed appropriate for the problem.
- Any instructor or visiting leader with an awareness of group control.
- For those problems with specific technical requirements the pre-requisites are the same as the operating procedures for that activity.
- Majority of the equipment is kept in the problem-solving store.
- Problem solving ropes are marked with a split end, must not be used for climbing purposes and must be returned to the correct store after use.
- A separate file is available that describes a number of problems and the equipment required.
- Awareness of hazards involved with each of the problems.
- Faulty equipment recorded and removed.