Thurston Outdoor Education Centre: Low ropes course policy
Revised: January 2022
Thurston Low Ropes Course consists of a six element linear course and three stand alone team challenge elements.
- Ratio: The normal instructor / student ratio.
- Leader should have site specific training.
- Suitable clothing and footwear for the conditions and activity.
- Helmets should be worn.
- Equipment is available from the Problem Solving Store for additional challenges.
- Instructor should carry out a visual inspection on all elements to be used.
- The activity should be run in accordance with the "Technical Outdoor Solutions Operating Procedures - Thurston Low Ropes" documentation (this is available in the office or electronically).
- Spotting should be used when appropriate. If necessary, spotting techniques should be taught and practised.
- The equipment is only for use under Thurston staff supervision.
- The course is subject to regular inspections.
- Wind speed and direction need to be taken into consideration.