Skip header
Local Offer Banner

Referrals and assessments (SEN and Disabilities social care)


  1. Overview
  2. Types of assessment
  3. Request an assessment
  4. Support plans and packages
  5. Reviewing the support you get
  6. Appeals


If your child / young person has a disability, as defined by the Children's Act (1989), you are eligible for a social care assessment from the Council.

You can ask the Council for an assessment.

If other agencies are already supporting you, they can also refer you to the Council.

Support without an assessment

Not all families want or need a full assessment.

Most children and young people with SEND can access universal services to support them and their family.

See support and care services.


Next page: Types of assessment

How would you rate the information on this page?

Share this page