South Shields Market: Changes to the market for COVID-19
- Changes to the market for COVID-19
- Information for market traders
- Make a complaint about a market trader
Changes to the market for COVID-19
Visiting South Shields Market
Please follow social distancing rules, use hand sanitiser and wash your hands regularly.
See GOV.UK: How to stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Safety measures at South Shields Market (COVID-19)
We have carried out a risk assessment to make sure the market can open safely in line with government guidelines around social distancing and to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
The following changes are in place:
- Changes to the layout - stalls are arranged in rows on the south side of the market square, in the space in front of The Word
- Enclosed market area - with safety barriers, separate entrance and exit points
- One way system - markings are on the ground to help shoppers stay apart
- New signs
- Trader only areas
- Hand sanitiser stations
- Stewards to advise and help visitors follow the new guidance
- Clear route for pedestrians crossing the Market Place - no market stalls in the space between King Street and the Ferry terminal
Next page: Information for market traders