Easter holiday recipe idea: Chicken Fried Rice
- For 4 people
- 15 minutes prep time, 15 minutes cooking time
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 4 chicken thigh fillets cut into strips and fat trimmed off
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 small teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- 2 red peppers, finely chopped
- 2 pouches of pre-cooked basmati rice (or you can boil your own then quickly chill, and use it cold for this recipe)
- 200g frozen peas
- 4 medium eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Hoi Sin sauce
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or a wok on a medium hot heat.
- Cook the chicken for 5 minutes until golden brown, then add the garlic, chilli and peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- You can add the spring onions at this stage if you like them cooked, or they can be added as a garnish at the end.
- Add the rice and peas and a tablespoon of water and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Then move the contents of the pan to the edges to make room for the eggs.
- Por the eggs into the centre of the pan and stir them gently with a spoon until they start to scramble.
- Pour in the soy and Hoi Sin sauces and mix together.
- No need for salt as the soy brings seasoning to this dish.
- Sprinkle the spring onions over the top and serve.