Skip header

Information for new employees


When you have been offered a job at South Tyneside Council, you will need to complete a number of forms.

We will email you to tell you which forms you need to complete.

1. Complete the new starter forms

You will need to complete and return following documents before starting your employment.

Employee details form134.5KB
Bank details form108.67KB
Medical questionnaire41.47KB
Starter checklist197.67KB

Send your documents securely

We recommend that you send documents through a secure email. See how to send emails securely.

Once you have completed all of the necessary documents, please send them together in one email to

2. Provide proof of your right to work in the UK

You need to provide proof of your right to work in the UK.

3. Complete the pensions previous employment form

You will be automatically enrolled into the pension scheme if you are a permanent employee of the Council, or if you have a contract of employment for 3 months or more. 

You will need to tell us about your previous employment by completing the following form:

Pension employment history form118.5KB

For more information, including opt-ing out or changing the amount you contribute, see the pension scheme.


New teachers do not need to complete the employment history form. Please contact the Teachers pensions organisation directly for more information.

4. Complete the appropriate security check

You may need to complete a:

We will tell you which security check you need to complete.

How would you rate the information on this page?

Share this page