- Map of plans
- Legal notice
This order will come into force on 21 December 2020
The order includes:
- introducing some no waiting and no loading/unloading restrictions on Bedford Avenue, South Shields
Read about how traffic and parking consultations work.
Map of plans
South Tyneside Council (Bedford Avenue, South Shields) Order 2020
On 10 December 2020 South Tyneside Council made an Order under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers.
The Order which comes into operation on 21 December 2020 will introduce:
- No Waiting At Any Time and No Loading/Unloading At Any Time on Bedford Avenue
- northwest side
- from a point 33 metres north east from its junction with the north east kerb line of St Marys Way for a distance of 84 metres in a north easterly then north westerly direction
- from a point 173 metres north east, north west, north then east from its junction with the north east kerb line of St Marys Way for a distance of 68 metres in an easterly then northerly direction
- southeast side including the road leading into and opposite the garage frontage
- from a point 107 metres north east of its junction with the north east kerb line of Laygate for a distance of 48 metres in a north easterly then south easterly direction
- from a point 185 metres north east of its junction with the north east kerb line of Laygate for a distance of 117 metres in a north westerly then north easterly direction.
Full details are contained in the Order, which, together with a plan showing the lengths of road affected and a statement of the Council's reasons for making the Order, may be inspected from Monday to Friday between 10am and 2pm at the Town Hall, Westoe Road, South Shields, NE33 2RL.
Alternatively you can request a copy of the documentation by emailing email@example.com.
Any person who wishes to question the validity of the Order or any of its provisions on the grounds that it is not within the powers conferred by the Act or that any of the requirements of the Act or of any relevant regulations made under the Act have not been complied with may, within 6 weeks from 10 December 2020 when the Order was made, make an application for that purpose to the High Court.
DATED: 17 December 2020
Acting Head of Legal Services, South Tyneside Council, Town Hall, Westoe Road, South Shields, NE33 2RL