Viking Energy Network Jarrow: Timeline
- How it will work
Subject to planning permission:
- work is due to start on site in early 2021
- construction is due to be complete by late summer 2022
- has drawn up detailed designs
- has submitted a planning application
- intends to award the contract to construct the network to Colloide Engineering Systems Ltd. This comes after a competitive tender process. Read the press release: Contractor on Board for UK-first Renewable Energy Scheme
The Council is purchasing the system's water source heat pump early. This means we can benefit from government financial support - a Renewable Heat Incentive. This could save up to an extra £150,000 a year over 20 years (£3million).
Read the press release: Pump Procurement to Save Thousands
Following a feasibility study, we have deemed the scheme to be viable.