- How it works
- How families are supported
- How to join
- Where to find more information
The Mockingbird Family Model is a new way of providing foster care.
As a foster carer, you can join a supportive community with other foster families.
It's like having a big, extended family to support you and the children you care for:
- carers can support each other to overcome problems
- young people can have more adults in their lives who care about their safety and wellbeing
- young people can form positive relationships with other people in care
By joining a Mockingbird group, you will get:
- regular social events
- sleepovers and short breaks for children
- support and mentoring from other carers
Watch our short film to find out what our foster carers are saying about the Mockingbird programme:
Next page: How it works