Skip header

Children and young people in care and care leavers: Accessing information we hold about you


  1. Overview
  2. Ask to see your records
  3. Once you have your records


You can ask to see any information that South Tyneside Council holds about you. This includes your Children's Services social care record.

You can ask to see this information if you are:

  • currently looked after by South Tyneside Council
  • a care leaver

You can ask to see your records at any age.


It is free for you to access your records.

If you don't have any ID

It's OK if you don't have ID. We should be able to confirm who you are through your Social Worker or PA (Personal Advisor).

Other records

You may have records with other councils - we can only supply information that relates to your time in the care of South Tyneside Council.

To ask for other information about you, like health or Police records, contact that particular service.

Next page: Ask to see your records


How would you rate the information on this page?

Share this page