- Overview of the proposal
- Map of plans
- Legal notice
- What happens next
Overview of the proposal
The proposal includes:
- introducing no waiting and no loading at any time restrictions on Bedford Avenue, South Shields
Consultation closes: 9 December 2020
Map of plans
South Tyneside Council (Bedford Avenue, South Shields) Order 2020
South Tyneside Council proposes to make an Order under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers.
The effect of the Order will be to:
- Introduce No Waiting At Any Time and No Loading/Unloading At Any Time on Bedford Avenue
- northwest side
- from a point 33 metres north east from its junction with the north east kerb line of St Marys Way for a distance of 84 metres in a north easterly then north westerly direction
- from a point 173 metres north east, north west, north then east from its junction with the north east kerb line of St Marys Way for a distance of 68 metres in an easterly then northerly direction
- southeast side including the road leading into and opposite the garage frontage
- from a point 107 metres north east of its junction with the north east kerb line of Laygate for a distance of 48 metres in a north easterly then south easterly direction
- from a point 185 metres north east of its junction with the north east kerb line of Laygate for a distance of 117 metres in a north westerly then north easterly direction.
Full details of these proposals are contained in the draft order which, together with a plan showing the lengths of road affected and a statement of the Council's reasons for proposing to make the Order, may be inspected from Monday to Friday between 10am and 2pm at the Town Hall at the address below.
Alternatively you can request a copy of the documentation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to raise an objection, express support or make any other observations about these proposals, you must make them in writing to the Council's Legal Services Department at the address below or by using the same email address above by 9 December 2020. Any objections must specify the grounds on which they are made.
DATED: 18 November 2020
Acting Head of Legal Services, South Tyneside Council, Town Hall, Westoe Road, South Shields, NE33 2RL
What happens next
We will review all feedback.
Depending on the feedback we get, the proposals may change, or may not go ahead.
Read more about how traffic and parking consultations work.