Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open): Eligibility
- What you will get
- How to apply
- Other businesses that may be able to apply
To be eligible for this grant, your business must fit into the following criteria:
- Hospitality, hotel, bed & breakfast and leisure businesses, occupying commercial premises included in the ratings list (business rates) in South Tyneside only.
- Bed and breakfast / guest house businesses paying Council Tax.
- Takeaway-only businesses and homes of multiple occupation are not eligible.
- Businesses must have been established before the introduction of Local Covid Alert Level 'High' (LCAL 2) restrictions on 18 September 2020.
- Businesses established after the introduction of LCAL 2 restrictions will not be eligible to receive grant funding.
- The scheme is open to sole traders, limited companies and limited liability partnerships.
- The business must be able to demonstrate ongoing fixed commercial property-related costs.
- Businesses in shared premises will only be eligible if they can demonstrate sole occupancy of part of the premises through a tenancy agreement. The business will need to show it can be clearly classed as a separate property should the Valuation Office Agency perform an assessment.
- The business must have a business bank account.
- Businesses that were in administration, are insolvent on or before 18 September 2020, or where a striking-off notice has been made, are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
Next page: What you will get