- Overview of the proposal
- Map of plans
- Legal notice
- What happens next
Overview of the proposal
The proposal includes:
- altering the current no waiting restrictions and adding no loading/unloading restrictions on St Hilda Street, South Shields
Consultation closes: 19 October 2020
Map of plans
South Tyneside Council (St Hilda Street, South Shields) 2020
South Tyneside Council proposes to make an Order under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers.
The effect of the Order will be to revoke
No Waiting Mon - Sat 8am-6pm on St Hilda Street
- north side from the western end of the street to a point 56 metres west of the east kerbline of Garden Lane
- south side for its entire length
The Order will introduce
No Waiting At Any Time and No Loading/Unloading At Any Time on St Hilda Street
- north side from the western end of the street to a point 56 metres west of the east kerbline of Garden Lane and from a point 21 metres west of the east kerbline of Garden Lane to its junction with Garden Lane
- south side from its most westerly point, to its junction with Garden Lane.
Full details of these proposals are contained in the draft order which, together with a plan showing the lengths of road affected and a statement of the Council's reasons for proposing to make the Order, may be inspected from Monday to Friday between 10am and 2pm at the Town Hall at the address below. Alternatively you can request a copy of the documentation by emailing email@example.com.
If you wish to raise an objection, express support or make any other observations about these proposals, you must make them in writing to the Council's Legal Services Department at the address below or by using the same email address above by the 19 October 2020. Any objections must specify the grounds on which they are made.
DATED: 28 September 2020
Acting Head of Legal Services, South Tyneside Council, Town Hall, Westoe Road, South Shields, NE33 2RL
What happens next
We will review all feedback.
Depending on the feedback we get, the proposals may change, or may not go ahead.
Read more about how traffic and parking consultations work.