- How to subscribe
- Collection dates
- What you can put in your green bin
- Moving house
- Putting your bin out
- Cancelling your subscription and refunds
Cancelling your subscription
If you no longer need your garden waste service, you can cancel your subscription.
You can cancel your subscription by:
Please keep your green garden waste bin in case you want to subscribe again in future.
If you applied online, you will get a full refund if you cancel within 14 days of accepting the garden waste terms and conditions.
If you applied over the phone or by using self-service at South Shields Town Hall, you will get a full refund if you cancel within 14 days of receiving the garden waste terms and conditions.
Please note: If you have paid by cash you will be contacted to discuss refund options.
We cannot give refunds or partial refunds if
- you cancel after this time
- you have moved home and do not need a garden waste collection at your new address
- you have moved out of South Tyneside
For more information on cancelling your garden waste subscription, see Garden Waste collection service 2021 terms and conditions.