Skip header

Garden waste: Moving house


  1. Overview
  2. How to subscribe
  3. Collection dates
  4. What you can put in your green bin 
  5. Moving house
  6. Putting your bin out
  7. Cancelling your subscription and refunds

Moving house

If your new address is in South Tyneside

If you are moving to a new house in South Tyneside and need the garden waste service for your new address, please let us know on 0191 427 7000. 

We will transfer the service to your new property. You do not need to cancel your subscription or re-subscribe.

Please also let us know if you normally get help from the Council to put your bins out. We will make sure you get help at your new home.

You will get a new subscription pack with the collection dates for your new address. This will take up to 14 days.

Please take your bin and sticker with you to your new address.

If you do not need a garden waste collection at your new address, we cannot give you a refund.

If your new address is outside South Tyneside

If you are moving outside of South Tyneside, please contact us on 0191 427 7000 to tell us that you want the service to stop. We cannot give you a refund.

If you normally get help to pull your bin out, please let us know as the new resident may not be eligible for this service.


Next page: Putting your bin out

How would you rate the information on this page?

Share this page