- Book a session (gym, swimming, fitness class)
- Fitness classes
To visit a gym at one of our leisure centres, you must book a session.
Read the important information below before you book a gym session.
Changes to our gyms
- Gym sessions are 1 hour 15 minutes long
- There is a 15 minute gap between sessions, where the gym will be cleaned
- All equipment is 2 metres apart
- Booking sessions will help to stop the gyms and centres from getting too busy
- At Hebburn Central and Temple Park, there is more space as gym equipment has been moved into the sports halls
Before you visit
- Do not come to the gym if you feel unwell
- Arrive ready to exercise, as the changing rooms and showers are closed
- Mats are not provided, so if you need a mat bring your own, or you can buy one from the leisure centres
- Sweat towels are not allowed in the gym
- Use contactless payments where possible
When you are here
- Please wear a face covering when entering, you can remove it when using the facilities, read about wearing a face covering in Council buildings
- Stay 2 metres away from other visitors at all times
- Use the hand sanitiser available
- Clean all equipment before and after use with the anti-bacterial wipes provided
- Lockers are available
Book a session
To book, call one of our centres.
Our phone lines are extremely busy at the moment. We are sorry if you're having trouble getting through, please be patient and ring back later if possible. We are doing our best to answer all calls.
You can book by ringing any centre, it does not have to be the centre you want to visit.
There are plenty of spaces available to book.
More about booking a session.
Next page: Swimming