NHS test and trace
Under new rules set out by the Government to aid with the national test and trace service, designated venues, including facilities provided by local authorities, now have a legal requirement to maintain records of customer contact details and display an official NHS QR code poster as part of the rollout of the NHS COVID-19 app, which was launched on Thursday 24 September.
When visiting a Council building, please use the NHS COVID-19 app to scan the QR code poster. Posters are displayed in the entrances of Council buildings.
If you do not have the app then we will ask for:
We will also record:
- the date and time you visited
- the names of any members of staff you visited
In line with Government guidance, we will:
- hold all information safely for 21 days
- dispose of all information securely
- share information with the NHS test and trace service if needed
For full details read the privacy notice.
We ask that you wear a face covering in Council buildings.
When you are inside a Council building
When you are inside a Council building, please:
- follow the arrows
- follow the 2 metre social distancing guidance
- use the hand sanitiser dispensers when entering and exiting the building
Watch the video
Our video shows what it's like to visit a Council building: