COVID-19 Community Support Hub (support for most at risk)
If you are isolated without any support
If you are isolated in South Tyneside without any means of support, call the COVID-19 Community Support Hub for free on 0800 028 2955.
Opening times are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (excluding bank holidays).
Who the service is for
This service is for people who have no other means of support such as neighbours, family or friends to get access to essentials such as food, medical supplies or who are struggling with their wellbeing and need signposting to services who can help.
How the service can help
Support will be tailored for individual needs and will include help with:
- Digital support to register for priority supermarket delivery slots
- Accessing essential food and basic supplies
- Additional care if you live alone and don't have family, friends, neighbours or social care services to support you
- Welfare checks by the Council if needed
- Signposting to financial or welfare support, befriending services, mental health and support from voluntary organisations
Be prepared in case you need to self isolate
There may come a time when you need to self isolate. Check you have everything you need to support you - Be prepared in case you need to self isolate
See a list of local organisations that can offer support.