- General guidance
- Guidance for trading
- Guidance for vehicles and loading
- Guidance on payments
- Guidance on waste
To make sure everyone visiting and working at South Shields Market are kept safe and following government guidance on social distancing, market traders are asked to follow the guidance below.
You may be asked to change the way you trade or leave the market if you are not following the guidance.
General guidance for traders
- Do not come to the market if you have any symptoms of COVID-19
- Please let the market representative know if you become ill while you are trading
- Please always remember to maintain social distancing
- Let the stewards know if someone is not following the social distancing guidance
Guidance for trading
- Please follow any instructions given to you by the market representative
- You will be given a notice that you must put on your stall letting market visitors know not to touch anything
- Follow any signage displayed on the market
- Only bring items which can be place on or underneath a stall
- No racking, rails or build outs from stalls
- You may not have your normal stall due to the new set up of the market
- The market will close at 3pm for stalls to be cleaned
Guidance for vehicles and loading
- All vehicles must be moved from the Market Square before trading starts
- Trading from vehicles is not allowed
- Please follow instructions from the market representative about loading and unloading vehicles
Guidance on payments
- Rent payments will be taken upstairs in the Old Town Hall between 11 and 11.30am
- Please have the correct amount of money to reduce the amount of cash handling
- Please enter the Old Town Hall from the left stairwell and leave from the right. Please remember to maintain social distancing at all times
Guidance on waste
- Please clear any waste from your stall regularly and when the market has closed
- Please follow good hygiene techniques at all times
This page will be updated in line with the latest government guidance.
Thank you for supporting the market during this time, your help is appreciated.
If you have any queries, please contact David Amess on 07951825264.
Last updated: Friday 12 June 2020, 14:18pm