- What we're offering
- How it works
- Sign up
- Videos and links to use at home
What we're offering
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we are offering online music lessons during the spring 2021 term.
Lessons will be 20 minutes in duration, either individual or in small groups and are guaranteed with your child's usual teacher or tutor from week beginning 18th January 2021 until further notice, excluding February half term week.
In line with usual procedures for music tuition in schools, charges (if applicable) will be set and collected by your child's school.
Online lessons are not intended as an alternative to face to face lessons, which will resume when schools return to normal opening hours.
Your child is eligible for online music lessons if they currently access brass, woodwind, cello or violin instrumental music tuition delivered by South Tyneside music service and the use of online provision has been approved by their school.
How it works
The tuition will be delivered through the video conferencing website Zoom.
You will not need to create an account with Zoom, as you can access the lesson by entering a meeting ID and password.
Once tuition has been approved by school, agreed and confirmed with you (as your child's parent or guardian), we will provide you with:
- Meeting ID and password
- Instructions for parents and students who are new to Zoom
Sign up for online lessons
Before signing up, please:
- Read the online safety advice for parents and guardians.
- Be aware that South Tyneside Council cannot accept responsibility for the quality of service or connectivity to your home WiFi.
- Be aware that the use of the Zoom communications platform does not guarantee privacy or confidentiality. South Tyneside Council is not responsible for the security of Zoom. It is your own choice if you wish to use the Zoom platform and this is done at your own risk.
- Be assured that all safeguarding procedures and measures currently endorsed by South Tyneside Council will be adhered to during any online tuition sessions. If you have any further queries please get in touch.
Then answer the following questions:
- Has online provision been approved by your child's school?
- Do you agree that your child can access lessons through Zoom?
- Does your child have their instrument at home?
- Is the instrument tuned and cleaned?
- Is there an appropriate space at home for the lessons to be delivered?
If the answer to all the above questions is yes, email email@example.com to arrange your child's lessons.
Videos and links to use at home
For useful links, self-help videos, music tutorials and projects based around singing and song writing, see Music lesson videos and resources to use at home/school.