- What we're offering
- How it works
- Sign up
- Videos and links to use at home
What we're offering
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we are offering online music lessons during the summer 2020 term.
Lessons of between 20 and 30 minutes are guaranteed with your child's usual teacher or tutor for at least six weeks, from week beginning 27 April 2020, excluding half term week. This period is easily extended if needed.
These are fully subsidised by our Arts Council of England Music Hub grant and supported by South Tyneside Council.
Online lessons are not intended as an alternative to face to face lessons, which will resume when schools return to normal opening hours.
Your child is eligible for online music lessons if they currently get brass, woodwind, cello or violin instrumental music tuition delivered by, or on behalf of South Tyneside music service.
How it works
The tuition will be delivered through the video conferencing website Zoom.
You will not need to create an account with Zoom, as you can access the lesson by entering a meeting ID and password.
Once tuition has been agreed and confirmed with you (as your child's parent or guardian), we will provide you with:
- Meeting ID and password
- Instructions for parents and students who are new to Zoom
Sign up for online lessons
Before signing up, please:
- Read the online safety advice for parents and guardians.
- Be aware that South Tyneside Council cannot accept responsibility for the quality of service or connectivity to your home WiFi.
- Be aware that the use of the Zoom communications platform does not guarantee privacy or confidentiality. South Tyneside Council is not responsible for the security of Zoom. It is your own choice if you wish to use the Zoom platform and this is done at your own risk.
- Be assured that all safeguarding procedures and measures currently endorsed by South Tyneside Council will be adhered to during any online tuition sessions. If you have any further queries please get in touch.
Then answer the following questions:
- Do you agree that your child can access lessons through Zoom?
- Does your child have their instrument at home?
- Is the instrument tuned and cleaned?
- Is there an appropriate space at home for the lessons to be delivered?
If the answer to all the above questions is yes, email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your child's lessons.
Videos and links to use at home
For useful links, self-help videos, music tutorials and projects based around singing and song writing, see Music lesson videos and resources to use at home.