There are a number of websites and apps available that can help with home schooling and keeping children active at home, during the school closures.
The websites and apps below can be used as fun and educational activities do to at home with your children.
See below for a list of websites and apps to support with learning different key stage subjects including maths, science and literacy:
- TopMarks - learn online, through safe, fun and engaging games and activities
- Dragon Box app - app for maths based games
- White rose maths - maths lessons for each year group from Year 1-8
- Time Table Rockstars - website with daily times tables practice
- Cbeebies - Numberblocks - helps young children learn about numbers
- Prodigy - maths app
- ICT Games - literacy and maths games
- Literacy Trust - encouraging children to read whilst learning at home
- Literacy shed plus free literacy based resources
- Explorify - has engaging and creative science activities
- Duolingo - fun, entertaining, and efficient to learn a new language right on your phone
- Bee Bot - app for computing
- BBC Bitesize - information and activities on all key stage subjects
- ICT in Schools - they have a dedicated area on their website called Learning@Home which has links to resources and support for parents, students and staff at all key stages
Mindfulness and keeping active
See below for a list of websites and apps to support with mindfulness and keeping active:
School subscription services
See below for a list of school subscription services that provide guidance and resources to support with school closures.
- Twinkl - worksheets, powerpoints and interactive games to support all areas of learning. Enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS for free access to their premium service while schools are closed
- Classroom Secrets - free maths and reading home learning packages to use during school closures. There is also a child version of the sight which you can sign up to for free
- White Rose Maths - maths home learning packages
- Master the Curriculum - maths subscription service which offers a free membership option
- Primary Stars - KS1 maths home learning packages
- Mrs Mactivity - enter you email to be sent free activities and resources to support with home learning
- Some of the UK best museums and galleries online exhibitions and virtual tours available:
- CBBC - has lots of TV shows, games, quizzes, and puzzles
- Frugal Fun 4 Boys: Lego Scavenger Hunt - a fun way to develop and work together on reading, inference, deduction and problem solving skills
See Advice for young people and children for more ideas, craft and activities for children, young people and parents / carers during the Coronavirus period.
We are providing singing and musical instrument videos and resources during this time. See music videos and resources.
Students who usually have music lessons at school may also be eligible for live online music lessons.
Resources for children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND)
There are a number of online resources available to support children, young people and families during the coronavirus pandemic.
For more information see Resources for children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND).