Support Hub for most at risk - 0191 424 7575
If you are isolated in South Tyneside without any means of support, call the Covid-19 Support Hub on 0191 424 7575.
- Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm (open 9am to 1pm over Easter weekend - Friday 10 April to Monday 13 April)
- Saturday and Sunday: 9am to 1pm
This service is for people who have no other means of getting essentials such as food, medical supplies or who are struggling with their wellbeing.
Support will be tailored for individual needs and will include help with:
- essential food and medicine deliveries
- additional care if you live alone and don't have family, friends or social care services to support you
- regular welfare checks by the Council
- signposting to financial or welfare support, befriending services, mental health and support from voluntary organisations
Hardship Fund - support in a financial crisis
We have established a new Hardship Fund to support residents in financial crisis.
All working age residents currently in receipt of Council Tax Support will receive an additional £150 reduction in their Council Tax Bill, with no further payment due until 1st October 2020.
If you are struggling to pay your Council Tax, you can apply for help towards your Council Tax costs by applying for Council Tax Support.
Free school meals
Free school meals will still be provided to eligible children, including over Easter
The Council has increased its support to food banks
Community Laundry service
Laundry service, including a collection and delivery service, for elderly and disabled people. For more information contact 0191 489 1701 or see Community Laundry Service
Homeless and rough sleeping support
Your Homelessness service provides advice and assistance to those who are homeless, sleeping rough or are unable to remain in their current home due to the crisis.
At this time priority will be given to people who are sleeping rough, fleeing domestic abuse, or are unable to remain at their current accommodation.
More information about support with homelessness and rough sleeping.
South Tyneside Homes tenants
Support and information for South Tyneside Homes tenants