- Local restrictions in the North East
- News and messages from the Council
- Council services
- Support for people
- Outbreak Management Plan
- Public transport updates from Nexus
For Government advice, visit GOV.UK: Business support.
Increased financial support for businesses and workers - 22 October
Following the Chancellor's announcement on 22 October that three business support schemes are to be expanded to cover businesses in particularly affected sectors in high-alert level areas, South Tyneside Council is expecting further confirmation and eligibility guidance from government.
We will advise as soon as possible how these funds can be accessed.
We have established a dedicated Business Support Hub, which can be contacted on 0191 481 3456 or by email at email@example.com.
For information about support, visit Invest South Tyneside: Business Support During Coronavirus.
Funding and grants for businesses
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) - This will support businesses that are required to close for at least 3 weeks due to temporary COVID-19 local lockdown restrictions imposed by the government. Should these closures be imposed, South Tyneside Council will administer the grant in accordance with the eligibility criteria set out by government. Read more: GOV.UK: Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG)
- Business rates - Business rates for the coming financial year will be waived for all businesses within the retail, hospitality and leisure sector.
- South Tyneside Small Business Recovery Fund - applications are now closed
- Emergency business grants - applications are now closed
Guidance on working safely
Government guidance to help business owners plan out what to do if someone in your business is confirmed to have coronavirus (COVID-19)
What you should do to manage a possible COVID-19 outbreak (downloadable action cards)
Working safely during the coronavirus outbreak: Information for employers, employees and the self-employed
We have produced a booklet with helpful advice for shop owners and managers. This went out to shops in South Tyneside in early August. If you haven't received a copy and would like one, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Restaurants, pubs, bars, takeaways
Keeping workers and customers safe in restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaway services
Advice for businesses introducing takeaway and delivery options
Pavement licence (outdoor seating)
Information and guidance to support care providers
Funding update to care home providers
Directions (individual premises)
The Council has powers to impose restrictions under the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) (No.3) Regulations 2020.
See information about Directions (individual premises).