- Support for people
- News and messages from the Council
- Council services and schools
- Volunteering - how you can help
For Government advice, visit GOV.UK: Business support.
For advice on the national lockdown restrictions, visit GOV.UK: National lockdown.
Reporting cases and outbreaks
If you have a confirmed case in the workplace:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms must stay at home and book a test. Visit GOV.UK: Get a coronavirus test.
- Identify contacts of the positive case (from two days before the person has symptoms, or the test date). Contacts must leave work and self-isolate for 10 days.
- Check your risk assessment.
- If you have two or more linked cases in the workplace, email the Public Health team at COVID@southtyneside.gov.uk.
Local Outbreak Plan
South Tyneside Council's Local Outbreak Plan outlines how we intend to prevent and control outbreaks of COVID-19 in South Tyneside.
The plan includes details of arrangements in the case of an outbreak at a workplace.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak Management Plan
We have established a dedicated Business Support Hub, which can be contacted on 0191 481 3456 or by email at email@example.com.
For information about support, visit Invest South Tyneside: Business Support During Coronavirus.
Funding and grants for businesses
Business can enquire about on-site or local testing for staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about COVID-19 testing.
Advice and guidance
Pavement licence (outdoor seating)
Care provider information
Dog groomer information
Taxi licensing information
How to report inflated pricing
South Tyneside Council business centres and meeting room facilities are open (cafés are closed).
'We're Good To Go' Scheme
"We're Good To Go" is the official UK mark from the National Tourist Board, VisitBritain, to signal that a tourism and hospitality business has worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
For information about the scheme and how to sign up, go to Visit Britain: We're Good To Go.
Or find out more about the We're Good To Go Scheme in South Tyneside.