- Council services
- Support for people
- Support for businesses
- Public transport updates from Nexus
- News and messages from the Council
- School closures
- Outbreak Management Plan
See which Council services are affected
South Tyneside Council is continuing to monitor the situation closely, and follow national and regional advice.
We will update this page with details of disruptions to Council services.
You can also follow South Tyneside Council on Facebook for the latest updates.
From Saturday 8 August, we ask that you wear a face covering when entering a Council building.
Bins and recycling
See bin collection information.
Services running with changes:
Births, deaths and marriages
See which Register Office services are affected (marriages, funerals, registering a birth or death).
From 8 August 2020, face coverings will be mandatory for guests at wedding or civil partnership ceremonies and at funerals. See government guidance on face coverings.
Business and licensing
Support for businesses:
Care and health
Council and democracy
- Council meetings: Most Council meetings have been stood down until further notice. This does not include statutory, business-critical meetings which will go ahead when needed. Some Council meetings will be available to watch live online, see watch Council meetings.
- Community Area Forums (CAFs) will be available to watch live online, see Watch Council meetings online.
- All working age residents currently in receipt of Council Tax Support will receive an additional £150 reduction in their Council Tax Bill, with no further payment due until 1st October 2020.
Market and shops
Parks and outdoors
Planning and environment
Services running as normal:
Parking and roads
Schools and learning
Your child's school will be in touch with you about reopening, read about the phased reopening of schools.
Read about children's centres and early years.
South Tyneside Homes