Coronavirus (COVID-19): See which Council services are affected (last updated 3.30pm, Thursday 2 July 2020)
- See which Council services are affected
- Support for people
- Support for businesses
- Public transport updates from Nexus
- News and messages from the Council
- School closures
- Outbreak Management Plan
See which Council services are affected
South Tyneside Council is continuing to monitor the situation closely, and follow national and regional advice.
We will update this page with details of disruptions to Council services.
You can also follow South Tyneside Council on Facebook for the latest updates.
Bins and recycling
Births, deaths and marriages
Business and licensing
Care and health
Council and democracy
- Council meetings: All Council and Scrutiny committee meetings have been stood down until further notice. This does not include statutory, business-critical meetings (Cabinet, Planning and Licensing meetings) which will go ahead when needed. Some Council meetings will be available to watch live online, see watch Council meetings.
- Ward surgeries: South Tyneside Council is recommending that Elected Members cancel all ward surgeries until further notice, you can still contact your local ward councillor by phone or email.
- Community Area Forums (CAFs) are cancelled until further notice.
- All working age residents currently in receipt of Council Tax Support will receive an additional £150 reduction in their Council Tax Bill, with no further payment due until 1st October 2020.
- Cash kiosks are currently closed and will reopen on Monday 6 July
- The Customer Service Centre at South Shields Town Hall and Jarrow Town Hall is open Monday to Friday, 10am to 3pm
Leisure, libraries, parks, markets
Planning and environment
Parking and roads
Schools and learning
South Tyneside Homes